Some facts about me whether interesting or not…
- My dad was a Researcher / Developer working for the likes of IBM and KAIST back in Korea. He programmed for the ’88 Seoul Olympics.
- Born in Korea, we migrated to New Zealand when I was 10, then to Australia when I was 15.
- I wrote my first line of code at 8 and started building websites at 16.
- My first IT job was a Help Desk job at an ISP called Netspace. Everyone used to get it confused with Netscape.
- The first eCommerce job I had was working in a language called Python, on a custom in-house framework.
- I had the opportunity of working with some major worldwide brands while working with various Digital Agencies around Melbourne.
- Which is also where I felt that the Digital Agency ecosystem is quite inefficient.
- I’m a 4 x Magento Certified Developer and an Amazon Web Services certified Solution Architect.
- Below is a more recent (October 2018) description of myself, copied from my LinkedIn profile:
I’m a Software Engineer & Founder that’s running an eCommerce Development startup called Inforca.
I’ve consulted for companies around the world including funded startups (500 Startups), and have also developed mobile apps for the Commonwealth Games 2018 and Metro Trains in Melbourne.
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning is one of my biggest passions at the moment.
Magento is the eCommerce platform that is paying the bills and Amazon Web Services is where we host our clients securely.
An article I wrote on web automation went #1 on Hacker News (Y Combinator) back in 2016. I’m also a keen maker or Digital Products – my apps/bots been featured 3 times on Product Hunt.
Over the course of my career, I’ve had the experience of working with brands such as: